Whether you're just starting out in the grooming industry or an established expert, your marketing strategy is essential for getting clients through the door. Marketing tactics are constantly changing, and the things that used to work before may not work now. If you are looking to breathe new life into your shop's marketing strategy, consider these five ways to amp up your grooming business:
1. Automate Appointments If you're still booking appointments the old fashioned way, save yourself time (and sanity) by using automated appointment scheduling programs, like Setmore or Calendly. Many apps have free versions so you can try before committing to anything. Not only will you save time and feel more organized, but these programs can also remind your clients of appointments to reduce those no-show rates.
2. Personalize Your Brand This today's fast-paced digital marketing world, personalizing your brand is necessary to stay on top of your game. Your target audience wants to feel connected to your brand, almost as if they know it personally. Review your emails, ad copy, and marketing communications to see how you can better position your message in an engaging manner.
3. Jump on the Subscription Train These days, it seems like everyone is jumping on the subscription train. Car washes, movie theaters, and even coffee shops have introduced monthly subscriptions to keep tabs of their most loyal customers. Consider how you could boost business by offering a self-serve pet wash that you charge customers monthly to use at their convenience. (We'd recommend the BatherBox Bathing System.) Not only does this strategy get your clients coming to the shop more often, but it boosts your bottom line.
4. Team Up with Your Loyal Customers What's better than free advertising? Harness the power of word-of-mouth (aka influencer) marketing and team up with your most influential customers. In exchange for them talking about your business on their social channels, give them a percent off their next service with you.
5. Learn New Tricks Every groomer needs to learn new tricks once in a while. Stay up-to-date on your techniques by attending a trade show (Barkleigh has some fun ones scheduled this year!) or taking a refresher course in grooming. Or, learn from the comfort of your own home with award-winning groomers Jay Scruggs and Sue Zecco through their new video streaming platform, Super Styling Sessions TV.